The Freeride World Tour is back for another action-packed season!
The countdown to the 17th edition of the FWT is underway.
This year will include six stops, -with a new stop in Georgia-, offering riders four competitions before the cut. Those with enough points will compete in the FWT Finals in Fieberbrunn and in the legendary face of the Bec des Rosses in the Verbier Xtreme.
Georgia and the Caucasus Mountains have successfully hosted FWT Qualifier events during the last two seasons, demanding the attention of the international ski community. Both Tetnuldi and Mestia have emerged as prominent freeride destinations, offering vast big mountain terrain that enjoys copious amounts of snowfall over the winter months.
Tetnuldi is a prominent peak (4,858 m.) in the central part of the Greater Caucasus Mountain Range, located in the Svaneti region of Georgia. The Tetnuldi ski resort was opened during the 2015-2016 winter season and is unique in its location zone for skiing high on the north-west slopes of the homonymous mountain and closeness of glaciers Adish (Lardaad), Nageb, and Tsanner, with a long ski season that stretches from November till the end of May thanks to the abundance of snow and northern slope exposure.
The Hatsvali–Mestia ski resort is located in Mingrelia and Upper Svaneti (Georgia).
The Hatsvali ski resort near Mestia is located in northwestern Georgia in the Greater Caucasus. The city of Mestia is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
1. FREERIDE WORLD TOUR BAQUEIRA BERET, January 27 - February 1, 2024; Location: Bacivér Face, Baqueira Beret, Spain.
2. FREERIDE WORLD TOUR ORDINO ARCALIS - ANDORRA, February 1-7, 2024; Location: Pic de les Planes, Ordino Arcalis, Andorra.
3. FREERIDE WORLD TOUR KICKING HORSE, February 14-20, 2024; Location: Ozone Face, Kicking Horse, Golden, British Columbia, Canada.
4. FREERIDE WORLD TOUR GEORGIA PRO, March 1-7, 2024; Location: Tetnuldi and Mestia, Georgia.
5. FREERIDE WORLD TOUR SAALBACH FIEBERBRUNN, March 12 -18, 2024; Location: Wildseeloder face, Saalbach Fieberbrunn, Kitzbüheler Alpen, Austria.
6. XTREME VERBIER March 23 - 31, 2024; Location: Bec des Rosses, Verbier, Switzerland.